As of March 2, 2020
As a registered attendee to our Sustainability in Packaging US 2020 conference, your safety and experience is our top priority. With the current news reports regarding the coronavirus, we want to update you on the upcoming event.
The event will currently go ahead as planned. Smithers will continue to follow the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is in close communication with the conference hotel to monitor any development pertaining to COVID-19 in the Chicago area. The travel restrictions implemented by the U.S. Government on January 31, 2020 remain in effect and according to the CDC’s latest situation summary, the health risk from Coronavirus for the general American public is considered low at this time. If the plan changes, you will be alerted immediately.
The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is similar to how you would take precautions against the common cold or flu.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or the crook of your elbow, rather than your hands –and throw the tissue away immediately.
- Wash your hands often using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- There is no need to wear a face mask if you are well and do not have symptoms.
We are taking every necessary precaution to ensure a safe and successful event.
- The host hotel is planning additional hygiene-related measures.
- Individual containers of hand sanitizers will be available in the meeting space and our registration desk.
- Disinfectant wipes will be available in the session room for the speaker computers and microphones.
We ask anyone who has travelled to China, South Korea, Northern Italy, Iran in 2020 to contact Starla Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to discuss their participation at the conference.
This remains a very fluid situation. We have no crystal ball. Nevertheless, Smithers is prepared and resolute in our commitment to leading our global business events in collaboration with our network of equally committed partners safely forward.